Records Coordinators ensure the coordination between their individual office and the records officer. It is their responsibility to:
- Act as the liaison between their department and PBGC's Record Officer.
- Coordinate the transfer of records to and from offsite records storage facilities.
- Prepare reports and notify the Records Officer of new and unscheduled records found in the department.
- Coordinate Vital Records, Continuity of Operations Plans (COOP) Records, and Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) related tasks.
- Support Records Management activities in their departments.